Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: East Fork Stones  (Read 3380 times)

DSchlact

East Fork Stones
« on: June 03, 2013, 03:10:42 PM »
Fished a somewhat remote section of the upper East Fork Saturday morning.  Ran the Gheenoe as far as I could, then hopped out and pulled across a few gravel bars.  Seeing so many more trailers at the ramp (which I thought was my little secret ramp) than I ever have...plus a Kayak rental truck, but didn't see any of them up where I was fishing.

Anyway - I'm getting more and more addicted to this fly rod thing.  Caught my largest fish to date on the fly...a 12-14" largemouth and a bigger smallie that spit the hook right next to the boat.  I know he doesn't count, but I'm just super pumped after getting one of those guys to eat what I was throwing and for a novice I was more than happy to have kept him on the hook for the 4 or 5 other jumps he pulled while I was fisghting him in.  The wind was howling and forced me to get the spinning gear out...hooked up with a few more fish, but the best fish of the day were all on the fly.  This brings me to my next question...I am clearly not ready to tie flies...not sure if I ever will be.  Is Nashville the only local option for buying flies? Anyone tying in the boro who I could buy some from?

Headed to Fall Creek Falls this weekend for the annual family trip with the in-laws.  Will be staying in the fisherman's cabins right on the water and hope to get into the Bream and Crappie like we did last year for a nice littlefish fry Saturday night!

Dave

Looper Flies

Re: East Fork Stones
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
Dave,

No payment necessary.  I'm in the boro.  Lets get together and figure out what you need.  I've got more flies than I'll ever throw.

Sam
Fish on!

DSchlact

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:59:47 AM »
Sam - that's a real nice offer and one that I can't refuse!  Just let me know how you would like to go about getting together.  I work from home so am fairly flexible...we live over off of East Clark just a few blocks from MTSU.  And honestly...I really have no idea what I need, so could use a little guidance there too.

Thanks!
Dave

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 10:49:34 AM »
Dave,

I will help as well. I live in Nashville but work in the 'Boro. We could hook up for lunch. I will just need to bring my warm water boxes for us to peruse.

Steve
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Looper Flies

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 12:03:37 PM »
Sam - that's a real nice offer and one that I can't refuse!  Just let me know how you would like to go about getting together.  I work from home so am fairly flexible...we live over off of East Clark just a few blocks from MTSU.  And honestly...I really have no idea what I need, so could use a little guidance there too.

Thanks!
Dave

Dave,

I, too, work from home on most days.

PM sent.  check your inbox.

Sam
Fish on!

Curtis Martin

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:06:43 PM »
Hope you have a good trip to FCF. We were there last weekend rock climbing and got rained on pretty hard. All the campsites were overflowing and the hiking trails were pretty busy. Didn't fish any this trip but the lake looked to be in good shape.

DSchlact

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
Well I must say I'm kind of overwhelmed with the response here - thanks guys - really appreciate it!

Sam - PM replied

Steve - Any time you are up for lunch just let me know.  Working out here I'm sure you know good places to eat, if not I'm happy to suggest a few too.

Curtis - for the last 4 or 5 years we have been making an annual trip with my wife's family to FCF.  The last 2 we have been lucky enough to stay in the Fisherman's cabins right on the water.  We will take the jon boats out most of the day Saturday and the kids fish from the back porch the rest of the time we are not on the boat...it's great!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
Sounds good!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

DSchlact

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »
Had a chance to meet Sam on my lunch break today.  I know I'm telling most of you something you already know, but what a great guy.  Thanks again Sam and let's go fishing soon.

Dave