Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: White Bass part 10.  (Read 7836 times)

Looper Flies

Re: White Bass part 10.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »
Your eating Smallmouth??

Nah, just the whites.  However, I've been known to eat a smallmouth or two.  In all honesty, the smallmouth bass is my favorite warmwater fish to eat.  The filets are wonderful.
Fish on!

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »
"I hear the train a coming...ETC". 

California Condor are delicious too, but I'm sure you already know that,
Icthus
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 08:32:52 PM »
I'm not the one to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't eat. I can only say SM are a fish in which I prize the catch much, much, more them my taste for fish. That's just me though, to each his own.

Last year I was wading into one of my favorite creeks and ran into some dude dragging a stringer full of Smallmouth to three pounds. Had to be 8 fish or more that he likely caught in the one deep hole he could wade into. Why?? Jesus H Christ man, your cost in gas alone just to get here would more then pay for a nice tuna Steak.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Looper Flies

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 09:02:56 AM »
I'm not the one to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't eat. I can only say SM are a fish in which I prize the catch much, much, more them my taste for fish. That's just me though, to each his own.

Last year I was wading into one of my favorite creeks and ran into some dude dragging a stringer full of Smallmouth to three pounds. Had to be 8 fish or more that he likely caught in the one deep hole he could wade into. Why?? Jesus H Christ man, your cost in gas alone just to get here would more then pay for a nice tuna Steak.

Didn't intend to ruffle your feathers, Mike.  For the record, I don't harvest fish every weekend -- I rarely eat any animal protein at all (I've been reading the China Study).  I will harvest fish on the rare occasion that I want it for dinner.
Fish on!

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 09:59:19 AM »
I'm not ruffled from anything you said Sam. I fully support and partake in sustainable harvest. The part that fired me up from my story is the guy taking so many grown Smallmouth from a short section of river. A river that's overloaded with Rockbass. Yea, I hold some fish in higher regard then others, and rightfully so IMO.

I usually get my freshwater fish stocked up during the White Bass run or Crappie season.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Looper Flies

White Bass part 10.
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
I'm not ruffled from anything you said Sam.

Cool
Fish on!

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 11:51:48 AM »
I personally think there is a reason, for the categories, sport fish, game fish, "panfish" eat tilapia!!! ;-) JMO.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~