Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Surface activity.  (Read 1389 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Surface activity.
« on: July 26, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »
Got to guide my favorite clients on Sun in the pontoon boat. It's alot more relaxing when your clients just want to be pulled on the tube.  ;D  I noticed when we put in that the Stripe and Bass were blowing up and thought it might get interesting. I made sure we were in the same area as the sun got lower and sure enough the fish starting blowing up. I kept the wife and kids in fish for awhile and it was a hoot catching some decent size White and LM Bass. It's great to see the White Bass in abundance on Priest again!!! I was raised catching those fish and then they all but disappeared in the numbers we were used to seeing them. Looks like a good population is making a comeback!! We caught and released over 30 in an hour or two.

If your interested, go to Priest and head to the youth Camp. The large open area in front of the camp should have some fish blowing up. Focus on points because this is where it's easiest to ambush them when they surface. It's pointless to chase the schools around the deep water. Just find a point with activity and wait for them. Also the islands out in front of Elm Hill are prime spots. Be sure to also check out any of the large points that run out into the main lake. The Stripers and Hybrids are feeding on those YOTY shad as well. Have fun!!
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956