Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: The last couple of dives  (Read 3344 times)

icthus

• FishHead
The last couple of dives
« on: December 27, 2016, 01:31:09 PM »
Pals-

Went on a 3 tank dive on Friday and another two tank drop yesterday and I was reminded again why I love living in Fl.  The weather was cool (78 and the wind were light).  We dove a couple of wrecks that held some good hogfish, snapper, grouper, and amber jacks.  We were able to stone a few hogs, snapper, and a 28" grouper.  I came around the  corner to be face to face with a 300lb goliath grouper.  Against all reason I started swimming at it to spoke it off the wreck so we could hit a couple of openings on the backside of the ship.  The amber jack were between 15-30lbs, but unfortunately they are out of season so we can't shoot them-two more weeks before they open.  I have been certified for 7 years, but just in the last six months have I started spearfishing.  It is honestly like going to the grocery store and saying, yes--I would like to eat, you , you and you.  I am excited about lobster season this year. 

A cold front looks as if it is going to be dropping by this weekend, maybe the swell will stay up long enough to catch a couple waves. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all,
Pal-sorry we never got together--I tried calling but never heard back.

-Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: The last couple of dives
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 09:25:07 PM »
Pal, all good, I really needed some wife time, been a hectic Fall/Early Winter.

I will be back.  8)
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 12:09:12 PM »
Can't wait to hear when you get to spear some cobia. I bet it's amazing down there.  We cooked up some hogfish last summer---they're delicious, but pricey, so getting them yourself has to be rewarding. My good friend here used to hit the Middle Grounds a lot, and he gets a twinkle in his eye when he talks about the "Land of the Giants." 
Maybe one day I'll get the nerve to submerse myself with bulls, tigers, and hammerheads...and tether chum to myself with a rope.

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 12:16:18 PM »
When you gonna try this out?   :o

https://youtu.be/iEwGS_u0pb0

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:18:37 PM »
Dude I hope you take better care of your diving gear than you did your fishing gear. Lol.
Miss you being around here my  friend.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »
Lol,
Funny how grey hair makes you wiser.  Went out again before the front and shot at three grouper. Missed 2 out of three and then had a bad leak in the mask.  Diving gives you a unique perspective on how lucky you are at fishing.  Literally there are 20 to 50 fish around a sucken ship any person would love to catch and we talked to folks around who caught nothing before we arived. In a humble way of saying, fishing is almost a game of luck no matter how great your bait is.

-pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"