Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Shuttle  (Read 3343 times)

Hilljack

• Plateau Drifters
Shuttle
« on: July 10, 2008, 07:14:23 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a shuttle service for the Obey?  It's my understanding there may be a boat ramp near the end of the river before it empties into the Cumby.  Is that true and will it accomodate a drift boat?

I've fished the Obey a few times, but only as far down as the shoals that can be reached by hiking through the big drainage pipe near Moody's.    :P

Thanks for any help anyone can provide....

Curtis Martin

Re: Shuttle
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »
Oh my gosh, he finally speaks :o Jump on in man, the water's fine.

I am familiar with 3 ramps on the Obey. Below the Dam at the campground, Moody's, and Donaldson Park.

Shuttles? I don't know that many people in the area. If you don't get a response on here or through a P. M., I would call the guys at the "Dale Hollow One Stop Market".

How soon do you need one?

Curtis

Hilljack

• Plateau Drifters
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 08:27:59 PM »
Dang it!  I finally got caught posting a message -- but in my defense it was only because I wanted to fish and the skiff has been barking at me about  the Obey.  (Either the trout made me do it or the skiff made me do it.)  ;D

I'm hoping to get over there before the end of this month, especially if I can find a shuttle....

Curtis, have you been up there lately? 

Travis C.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:26:25 PM »
I would give the market a call or the visitor center/ranger station right above the campground entrance. Surely between the two someone would be interested in some quick cash.

The only thing I would say about the park campground near the Cumby is that place is a bugger to find.

Be sure to turn next to the man with the zoo in his yard.  ;D

Curtis Martin

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:49:09 PM »
A recent check of my fishing log shows that the last time I fished the Obey was Feb 18th of this year. Conditions were tough. The Cumberland was blown out and the Obey had no where to flow.

With the generationn schedule as of today, I would take an 8wt with a heavy sinking line :o

I know a few guys that live down the road from Donaldson Park and I will see if they would do the shuttle for you. I won't see them until Monday, but I will let you know what I find out.

Curtis

Hilljack

• Plateau Drifters
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 08:01:22 PM »
Curtis,  thanks again --- I greatly appreciate any help!

Curtis Martin

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »
Check your PM's