Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Center Hill 12/3 12/4  (Read 646 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Center Hill 12/3 12/4
« on: December 05, 2022, 09:45:42 AM »
Spent two days on the lake. Brutally slow. Can see the fish looking at my baits on active target but they just wont eat. Active target is a game changer ya'll. No more wondering if you're in the fish or if they're seeing your bait. Did manage several fish just nothing like we were expecting. Sunday was pretty cold. Thankfully my wife got me a heated vest. That and my Simm/Sage  ;D stuff kept me toasty.

I don't understand what happened to Windstopper fishing clothing? The stuff is amazing but you almost can't find it anymore.

First pic is Dr Sheerwood holding what was the best fish of the weekend.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

icthus

• FishHead
Re: Center Hill 12/3 12/4
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 04:04:27 PM »
I honestly do not miss those days.  We went the last 3 days, and it was 75 and pal jr said, Pal, it’s cold.  And I said Pal Jr. You’re right. 

Glad you got out,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

bee

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 11:26:12 AM »
What brand of heated vest if I might ask?

Boneview sent me an ad for a large assortment of heated body accessories.  I know nothing about the longevity on the batteries and how good the recharge is on them.  Your thoughts on the one you are using?

Skunkedagain

• Lodgers
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 11:40:35 PM »
Pal that’s not a fly rod. And you need a haircut.

Signed,
Yer Pal
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 09:22:17 AM »
It was a present for early Christmas Bee. This is the one. So far it works well. Charge lasts for several hours and recharge is good so far. You can get additional batteries also. It’s too soon to give it a raving review though.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H50RCY4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Pal’s looking good, Pal Jr too. Fly rods for fishing suck in the salt 90% of the time.  
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 03:23:08 PM »
Get a haircut pal, pal I just did. 

If the vest doesn’t say simm/sage then is it really any good

Until next time,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

oldmanelrod

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 11:35:30 PM »
Looks cold up there.