Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Duck last week in March  (Read 2159 times)

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
Duck last week in March
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:55:58 PM »
Got to check out the Duck last weekend and hiked around Normandy Lake. Did not fish, only hiked and saw a couple of corn fishermen with a few stocked rainbows.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Curtis Martin

Re: Duck last week in March
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 04:35:03 PM »
I have never been to that part of the state. Is it worth fishing?

czkid

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 04:38:57 PM »
A lot depends on water temps.  The river is essentially a put and take and it's never been great, but there are times it can be fun.
Petri Heil

Ralph

Mike Hill

• Fishless
  • Mike - the OTHER Mike!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »
If you are looking for monsters - no, but if you are looking to catch some fish and the Caney and the Elk are unwadable, it is worth a trip without having to drive hours.  Give me a holler sometime and we'll go!  Be sure to wear your anti-poison ivy waders though.

Looper Flies

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 09:30:08 PM »
Count me in, too.  I do enjoy the Duck.  Last summer, I hooked a nice catfish on 6x tippet with a size 16 BHPT only to have it roll and break off.  It was still fun.
Fish on!