Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: April fishing  (Read 3008 times)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
April fishing
« on: April 06, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »
Went fishing to bring back some groceries from the river.  Jay's been catching walleye pretty consistently, and has taken home some good stringers the past two weeks.  I made my way to the river and Jay joined me about 1 AM.  The bite was off, and the fishing stayed slow for most of the early hours.  About 3AM the moon began to set, and we had several hookups.  I'm pretty sure Jay hooked into a giant musky...got some goliath boils in the glare, and his rod stayed bent over solid for about 30 seconds of panic until it shook off...could have been a beaver..who knows?
I finally landed my largest walleye yet..24.5" a fat 6lb fish.  Couldn't land another one, although several shook off as we nearly landed them.  Snagged a few quillback suckers, and Jay landed a healthy white bass.
Crystal, Breelyn, and I enjoyed a great supper, (and even breakfast the next morning) from the walleye, and the whitebass is ready for tomorrow's dinner.

Hope to get back out there soon

Now, these guys are starting to show up, too.  Had some nice fish lost yesterday in a 1 hour window...nearly busted off the jetfoot getting to them...a little welding repair, and I'll be back out as the nice weather keeps rolling in.

Looper Flies

Re: April fishing
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:08:02 PM »
Sweet.  I'll see you in an hour for supper.

Looper
Fish on!

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 06:42:46 AM »
Man, she's growing up quick TW, got her a outfit yet?

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:42:50 AM »
Fried fish and lima beans, man that's a meal! Cute girl Travis.
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 07:43:20 AM »
Very nice Travis. I am with Grumpy, she is growing like a weed.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 07:45:43 AM »
Good stuff Travis! Tell the ladies we said hello.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.