Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Orvis Sonic Guide Waders  (Read 2071 times)

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Orvis Sonic Guide Waders
« on: July 07, 2014, 06:10:03 AM »
My old Silver Labels finally bit the bullet & i was jonsing for a pair of the new convertible Sonic waders.
Got in touch with my rep to see what the best price would be, he asked me what size & he'd see what he could do. A week later a box shows up with the new Guide waders which have more layers than the Convertibles & won't  snap down like them.
WOW, they're not heavy, the strap system is comfrtable, hand warmer pocket's with a front pouch & fold out tool pocket & removeable pouch on the inside chest.
Despite having more layers, these things breathe great, unlike the older Guides that didn't, even though they were bomb proof as well.
At $395 they are priced accordingly well with competitors & very comfortable, for $425 you can get a zipper in front minus the pouch.
I've got to send the rep a Thank You card, these things are as comfortable as they get & yes, i lost my breakfast bar in all the pocket's :-[

Grumpy

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Orvis Sonic Guide Waders
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 08:26:18 AM »
Nice review Grumpy! If I was in the market, I would take a hard look at these.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum