Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Little Red  (Read 4410 times)

Phil Landry

• arkansas trout bum
Little Red
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:50:51 PM »
We survived Hurricane Ike.  Luckily it blew threw quickly and only dropped about 2 inches of rain.  Current generation patterns are 12 hours on 12 hours off, but fishing is still pretty damn good.  A pic from this morning....

Feelin a little lucky now about the weather for some reason.  I think we are in for a good Fall in Heber Springs.

www.arkansastroutbum.com

Leo deMonbreun

Re: Little Red
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:43:56 PM »
Thats good news Phil, BTW great looking fish, even better looking fishing pal there with ya
"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

countryflyfisher

• fishing water noone talks about
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 08:51:13 AM »
I m glad to see that the river is doing well after Ike. Looks like I might have to plan a late fall trip to Ark
The more I fish the more I realize it isn t about the fishing.  The older I get the more I realize it is about the moments God has hand crafted just for me. 

countryflyfisher

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 09:47:46 AM »
Sounds like a blast Phil! Hmmmmmm, road trip??... ???
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 03:28:45 PM »
Phil, that is awesome, I am so glad to hear.

Gordie, Fall trip?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 06:04:44 PM »
Phil, that is awesome, I am so glad to hear.

Gordie, Fall trip?

I'm almost past the puppy! It could happen...
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »

I'm almost past the puppy! It could happen...

My upgrade will be complete this weekend (thank goodness) and I will be free so we could plan something.

Will call you this week about fishing.  ;D
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Phil Landry

• arkansas trout bum
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »
sounds like a plan guys... keep me posted as things develop and we can map out a good time.

Phil

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »
Steve and gordie holler at me lets hook up this weekend.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »
Steve and gordie holler at me lets hook up this weekend.

You got it Mike. I have been staying at the new Hampton in the 'Boro all weekend working so I could be close to work and I am getting stir crazy.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 10:42:10 PM »
Tataboy JOJO, i miss the dog already. Phil may say different, think late October guys.

Grumpy

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 06:48:04 AM »
Tataboy JOJO, i miss the dog already. Phil may say different, think late October guys.

Grumpy

Four man road trip?  ;D
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Phil Landry

• arkansas trout bum
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 09:06:11 AM »
Late October, early November is a good time.  The spawn seems be starting later and later in the past three years.  It has been getting to the point where the spawn isn't really in full swing until the third week of November.  Early November should give you good chances at staging fish before they all get up on the redds.  Plus, maybe some night fishing in the deep holes if the water flows cooperate.

If you guys wind up putting this together let me know how many folks there will be, dates etc.  I might be able to find yall a rental house on the river and you can leave boats down at the dock etc.  It's nice to wake up, get some coffee and breakfast and just walk down to the boat.  If Gordie is still in the dog house and he has to bring the puppy I'll need to know that too... some places allow pets, some don't.

Of course- camping is always an option, but if you get 3-4 people to split $125 a night for a rental property--- it aint bad. 

Grumpy-  Jeff and Ebb said to tell you hey.  Ebb is recovering well from his surgical procedure- he is still full of piss and vinegar so we know he will be fine.  I guided three days this past weekend with Jeff on a group of folks we took out last year and we are working a 2 day goat roping (6 people, 3 guide boats) this coming weekend.  Is there anything I should pass along to him?  Maybe an old inside joke or something to get a big chuckle out of him?

Phil

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »
ask him bout the gal in the big house(his old pad) trying to kill us with uncooked chicken & a sour pie, TN Turkeys, Tom Wells, jig fishing with a 2 weight, i could go on ^& on ;D

Grumpy

Phil Landry

• arkansas trout bum
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »
Where are you boys at?