Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Family Fishing  (Read 7083 times)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Family Fishing
« on: May 09, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »

What it’s all about.

With social media full of people taking their fishing skills so serious and feeding their egos on their great catches.  If you can maintain a successful career, and still manage to provide and care for your family, you are truly blessed to have the privilege to pursue fishing.

I recently made two amazing trips that were so worthwhile.  1) Taking Triston in the boat for the first time, and catching hybrids with Bree and Crystal.  It was crazy helping Breelyn cast to busting fish, and watching Crystal try to fight fish with Triston in her lap.
2) Taking my Father our fishing before he’s laid up for a couple months after knee surgery.

Hope you guys are able to get your loved ones out on the water this summer.

Bfish

• FishHead
Re: Family Fishing
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 06:50:27 PM »
nicely done.

On my reservoir rig, I have a bimini top on slide rails (4 ft long). Helps to keep the kids out of the sun without having to wear hot hats.  Sure the top and straps get in the way, but it is worth it for not having to slather the kids up and helps to keep them cool (extends the fishing time).  Something to think about if you get a dedicated reservoir boat.  We also take lots of swim breaks too.  ;D

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 08:23:18 AM »
 ;D ;D I remember these days. Nothing like raising an outdoor girl! FYI the desire to be outdoors gets stronger the older they get.

There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 08:47:40 AM »
Not many things too having your kid in the boat, laughing and saying.... oh that’s a big daddy, right daddy?   Well done Travis God has blessed you with a beautiful family.

Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

oldmanelrod

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 10:13:16 AM »
Great pics. Started my daughter trout fishing when she was four. Now she is twenty-three and not only she but her husband are my fishing buddies...not to mention the five month old grand daughter who doesn’t know it yet😎.