Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Sam Looper  (Read 4007 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Sam Looper
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:16:07 PM »
I saw where Fly South is carrying your ties. Good job dude. Damned if I'd tie for money, but seems like you're on the right path. Congrats.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Sam Looper
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 08:46:56 AM »
I saw where Fly South is carrying your ties. Good job dude. Damned if I'd tie for money, but seems like you're on the right path. Congrats.

Nice to hear that. I know he was selling them FB and seemed to be doing well. Solid.

And Mike, I agree, I have to do it for the joy.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Looper Flies

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:59:19 PM »

Thanks, Mike!  Tying is a passion for me.  I'm running three vises at once in order to keep speed - a trick I learned from Mike Schmidt at Angler's Choice (he runs five simultaneously).

Stop by and check out the site!  All the flies on my site are my design, including the KG Sex Dungeon Variant - personally approved by Kelly himself!  I'm adding more flies every week. 

www.looper-flies.mybigcommerce.com

I'm not the only commercial tier on the board.  Hunter Ford's Bass Tard Frog and my Spineless Minnow are both available on Pat Cohen's site.

www.rusuperfly.com

I'll have a booth at the VA Fly Fishing & Wine Festival this year, so if you have time and want to make the journey, head to Doswell, VA (just north of Richmond) on April 9 - 10.
http://www.vaflyfishingfestival.com/
Fish on!

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 07:47:51 AM »
Sam stopped by the other day, good looking flies. I can only manage one vise at a time ???

Looper Flies

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 09:42:25 AM »
Sam stopped by the other day, good looking flies. I can only manage one vise at a time ???

Thanks, Grumpy
Fish on!

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »
Looper you got it going on!  Great website too!   ;)

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 08:21:19 AM »
Good stuff indeed. Killer website. 3 vices at once, my ADD kicks in on one vice and I have to go reload a few rounds between wraps.  8) :o ;)
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum