Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Change of plans  (Read 2028 times)

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
Change of plans
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:02:59 PM »
Jennifer and I headed over to the Smokies the other day and discovered that the Abrams Campground was closed..... after spending a week researching that side of the park and getting some generous advice from a fellow board member we decided to head up to the Northern end of the park to avoid the crowds.
Made it to a nearby river the next day to try our luck.

This is probably the most dangerous place I have waded even though the metal screws we added to our felt bottom boots were incredible, one misstep and you could take a bad fall.

We both managed a few small rainbows on dries in the fast water. Here is Jennifer's fist wild trout on a dry fly and tenkara.

The next day we did a 3 mile uphill hike to visit a stand of old growth poplar.....photos just could not capture the beauty of that place. Hiked back down to find a brook trout stream we heard about from a local, but after the previous days trip and the long hike we were too tired to take the time to fish it properly.

This time felt more like a scouting trip and once the pain and stiffness go away, I can't wait to go again!

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Change of plans
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 06:33:31 AM »
I did the Abrams hike Sunday. Had to pretty much run the 2.5 miles back as I got caught in the rain with camera and lens's with no waterproof coverage. I went to bed early... I think that area is a geographic anomaly, everything is uphill.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Change of plans
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
Cool shots Brady.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum