Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: I just got the call  (Read 1561 times)

countryflyfisher

• fishing water noone talks about
I just got the call
« on: March 18, 2008, 01:01:18 AM »
Well as a few of yall know I ve been dying to move back to the southeast. My wife just called to let me know that she has gotten a job in Huntsville AL. It kind of sucks for trout but I have Guntersville Lake and a place close to the lake to keep my boat. I think its time for me to sweet talk my way into a new fly rod for bass. So far it looks like won t be moving till we get the house sold here in NM but hopefully that will be soon esp since her job starts on the 21st of April
The more I fish the more I realize it isn t about the fishing.  The older I get the more I realize it is about the moments God has hand crafted just for me. 

countryflyfisher

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: I just got the call
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:22:17 AM »
Congrats to you and yours on the good news. The postive part is that you are not far from Trout in TN! There are stocked streams just over the border and nice tailwater action within an hour.

Again, congrats and glad to have you as a "neighbor"!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Mike Hill

• Fishless
  • Mike - the OTHER Mike!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:08:48 AM »
Congrats Countryff!  It sounds like you are ready to live among trees again!  I like the trees, but I do miss the ruggedness, the big sky, and the great light of the West.  You'll miss the balloons and I bet you can't get green chilis on your hamburgers in Huntsville!

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 07:39:31 AM »
Hunstville is a nice place. Not to far from Trout and close to the Gulf too. Congrats, keep us posted.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:55:44 AM »
I'm 30 minutes north of Huntsville, I was there last night and could see green even after the sun went down ;D

I keep putting off to get my AL license, you will have plenty warmwater in your backdoor.

countryflyfisher

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 10:51:58 PM »
Well I m going to regret leaving wild trout and the ruggedness of places like the Rio Grande Gorge and my back country trips, But I can chase that elusive 10 pound plus bass with my fly rod and be with in a 4 hour drive of ocean fishing plus I figured it up the caney is not out of touch. I know some of yall are shaking your heads but when you live ot west esp in New Mexico anything shorter than a 2 and half hour drive really isn t that big of a deal. I know a few of you know what I m talking about. I ve heard of a tail water in AL have do any of yall have any info on it ??? 
The more I fish the more I realize it isn t about the fishing.  The older I get the more I realize it is about the moments God has hand crafted just for me. 

countryflyfisher

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 09:06:18 AM »
I think that would be the Sipsey River. I haven't been there as the trip I planned fell through. I'm sure you can google it and get better info.
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 09:41:25 AM »
Congrats to you country- Sounds like she's on a roll-She ought to go ahead and try to get a 2nd job while luck is still with her. That would leave you a bunch more free time for fishing.

I know what it's like to miss home so bad your heart aches.  Even when where you are is beautiful in it's own ways and has lots to offer. I mean ABQ aint' no slouch when it comes to scenery and things to do, but it's not your home.

I love Tennessee, it's beautiful and loaded with history,  but my "home", where I was born and raised, will always be west of the Mississippi.

Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

ALflygirl

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 12:18:31 PM »
Welcome back!  The tailwater we have is the Sipsey.  My husband and I have been there once.  It is about 2 hours from us (we are in Florence AL) and the Elk is about 2 hours.  I prefer the Elk, but the Sipsey wasn't bad.  Check out riversideflyshop.com  and alabamariverfishing.net. 

countryflyfisher

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »
Thanks Alflygirl those 2 websites are loads of help. Ron on her getting another job I ain t gonna push my luck. She isn t making me work right now since I m in school and we are about to move again.

countryflyfisher