Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: SLUMPIN  (Read 1149 times)

icthus

• FishHead
SLUMPIN
« on: November 23, 2008, 07:02:06 PM »
After four weeks of utter bliss and slaying the hybrids and striper my mind is left with many questions.
Been out four times this past week and blanked.  I know time on the water is what a man needs to get better so I have done that.  I have been keeping a journal and I cant see to find any trends.  Four weeks ago the fish were busting in deep curves, three weeks ago they were on any shallow point, last week they were in protected areas away from the wind.  This past week no where to be found.  The lake has been dropping and that could be some of it, but it has been overcast cloudy with a touch of wind and nothing (receipe for success).   I have been staying back in the river, I've been to the usual spots on the lake and nothing has been working there either.  Thoughts and opinions?????!!!!???? 

Blessings
Icthus

"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
Re: SLUMPIN
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »
Sounds like to me you're just not fishing enough ;D

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Re: SLUMPIN
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 09:14:35 PM »
They must have heard that I was coming down... :-\  Payback for putting Mike and Steve on tough fishing.

Glenn, looks like you and I are gonna have to show Craig how it's done.  You still up for Tues morning??

Travis