Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: San Juan late December  (Read 1759 times)

jladdsmith

San Juan late December
« on: November 26, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »
Just found out I'm going to be doing the Shuffle around the 19th of December.  Was planning on booking the day with Art Martinez.  Anyone familiar with him?  He said that basically if you know what you're doing to expect 30+ fish to hand on the day with one client recently doing over 100.  Sound right to you guys or does he sound like he needs Christmas money?   :P  I've never fished that part of the country so just don't know what to expect.  Also anyone have any recs for places to visit while I'm out that way?  Will be out there for about two weeks, leaving out from Kerrville, TX and just winging it until we get to the Navajo Dam area.  Will end up in Creede, CO for a few days- staying at a cabin owned by the family who owns Gibson's Sporting Goods- the coolest store I've ever been in, so the cabin should be interesting.  Mike Hill probably knows what I'm talking about.  The guide is running a special right now with two fishermen for the price of one so if somebody else on the board happens to be close to the San Juan around that time, you're welcome to split the tip with me  ;D

Plug for Gibson's if you're ever in Kerrville.  It's one of a kind.  http://www.gibsonsdiscount.com/