Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Destin, FL  (Read 835 times)

toddro

• FishHead
Destin, FL
« on: March 24, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »
Just back from Destin where the weather was great but the fishing was slow.  The only action I found was about an hour before sunset, when the blues would run into the shallows chasing baitfish.  The action lasted until about 30 min. after sunset...  I actually found someone very helpful at Bass Pro (a shock) who hooked me up with a few good flies and I landed several decent bluefish, and one that was 25" that was my best fish.  Alot of topwater action too, which was a blast!  The water needs another few weeks of warm weather, and conditions will be much better...
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead