Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: It's On!  (Read 5026 times)

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
It's On!
« on: May 03, 2011, 04:20:08 PM »
Trolling bite on Dale is in full swing. The lake is flooded so the trolling is a lot of work with all the debris but worth it. The surface temp is around 63. Here are a few...              

Dave   

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
Re: It's On!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:35:47 PM »

Dave   

fairweatherfish

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
Nice pics.  I was wondering how the fishing was over there with all the high water.  Are they still spilling?

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:01:29 PM »
Thanks Man, The fishing has been awesome while they spill and i heard they were going to keep it up for another week or so... 
Dave   

jkilday4

• FishHead
  • One cast ... just one more ... 'n'then another ...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 07:50:42 PM »

Dave, I've been seriously thinking about doing some trolling in Davy Crockett Reservoir (above Nolichucky Dam in Greene County).  'Course, I might be just getting my hopes up as it's not nearly the fishery it was thirty years ago, so I'm told...I guess the key would be to find the deepest areas (lots of sandy bars & banks in this section of the river but some deeper holes as well) and start to learn different techniques & experiment to see what works.  I'm sure it can get quite technical with lots of gear investment too, huh...

Do you ever throw the float-n-fly in the winter over there on DH?

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »
jkilday, if you're after muskies, sisco kidds on 14 lb test will hit near 40 ft on 200 foot of line. Mann's stretch 30's ect. The lazy S is always good. It changes up the action......what's the forage there? what are you trolling in?  As for the FNF, not really. I like trolling deep that time of year for smallies, eyes and trout...
Dave   

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »
Dave I see where you and Corey have hooked up now. Big mistake dude. Show him anything and it's just a matter of time till he's whoring it out on the world wide web like he invented it. He's done it to several guides in the area already.  Do yourself a big favor and cut that tie.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 05:26:05 PM »
Word Dude, I keep a clean house...
Dave