Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Bear Relocation  (Read 8016 times)

bee

Re: Bear Relocation
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 08:09:59 PM »
mike - my son,at age 9, ran right into a bear on a blind curve on the Alum Cave trail...we were close behind him on the trail but l think the bear was scared worse than him.   Every wild  animal should be given space and made aware of your presence f you see him before he sees you.  Loud noise will send Park bears scurrying in most cases.  camping in the backcountry is where the bear encounters can become dicey--and then only if you have food in your tent or left in bear-reach around the camp.   a good rope and a high limb for the food stuff bag is the easy way to avoid post midnight issues.   Frankly l am far more mindful of snakes and boars when l am in the backcountry.

mrl0004

• FishHead
Re: Bear Relocation
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 10:00:03 PM »
What freaks me out is the reports of bear coming in and sniffing around tents in the front country at night. If I woke up to a bear sniffing around my tent I would probably crap myself.
"Often, I have been exhausted on trout streams, uncomfortable, wet, cold, briar scarred, sunburned, mosquito-bitten, but never, with a fly rod in my hand, have I been in a place that was less than beautiful."