Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Prest observations.  (Read 2942 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Prest observations.
« on: September 13, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »
Took the family out on the new Pontoon boat yesterday and saw fish busting everywhere. Lots of young shad all over the place and plenty of fish eating them. The morning bite would have been crazy but the afternoon bite seemed slow. I guess the fish are getting full early. I’m hearing good things about the seven points area early as well. The fall bite is starting…
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

JayA

• Administrator
Re: Prest observations.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »
MikeA with a pontoon boat?  Did you add to the fleet or sell one? 

Welcome to the end of fishing as your family will want to be with you on it which really is not a bad thing.  My family loves ours but truthfully I still miss the fishing boat and have been thinking about buying a fishing boat also.  It works good for some forms of rockfishing but not all.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 04:53:03 PM »
Interesting trade you did, I know the Stratos wasn't getting more garage time than water time.

Good to be on the water no matter what the boat.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 06:23:40 PM »
I traded my Stratos for it Jay. It was an offer I couldn't refuse and I just about never used the Center console boat anymore anyway. It'd be a shame to let that pretty black Merc sit any longer. It's like a good hunting dog, it just wants to be out there doing what it was made to do.

Funny what you say about the fishing. Yesterday I pulled up to JS bridge and saw alot of fish on the surface. I cast over to them and caught two LM Bass. About then a couple of guys pulled up fishing a tournament I guess. They saw me catching and here they came. What I thought was the most funny is how excited the dude got when he caught one. GET THE NET!!!! GET THEN NET!!! I GOT HIM! Yep he got him,, about 1 pound of green lazy fish. About then I reeled in another one on my ultra light spinner with 6 pound test.  Picking it up by the line, my daughter asked what kind of fish it was to which I loudly replied ahh,, this is just a trash fish ;D as I dropped it back in the river. Some of those tournament guys are just blatant aholes, as was demonstrated many many times yesterday….

Judging from the excitement over a 1 pound bass I guess if they ever hooked a 30 pound Striper on the fly they’d pass out in the floor of the boat.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »
I traded my Stratos for it Jay. It was an offer I couldn't refuse and I just about never used the Center console boat anymore anyway. It'd be a shame to let that pretty black Merc sit any longer. It's like a good hunting dog, it just wants to be out there doing what it was made to do.

Funny what you say about the fishing. Yesterday I pulled up to JS bridge and saw alot of fish on the surface. I cast over to them and caught two LM Bass. About then a couple of guys pulled up fishing a tournament I guess. They saw me catching and here they came. What I thought was the most funny is how excited the dude got when he caught one. GET THE NET!!!! GET THEN NET!!! I GOT HIM! Yep he got him,, about 1 pound of green lazy fish. About then I reeled in another one on my ultra light spinner with 6 pound test.  Picking it up by the line, my daughter asked what kind of fish it was to which I loudly replied ahh,, this is just a trash fish ;D as I dropped it back in the river. I love disrespecting those jerks each and every chance I get. Some of them are fine but the vast majority are blatant aholes, as was demonstrated many times over yesterday….

I guess if they ever hooked a 30 pound Striper on the fly they’d pass out on the floor of the boat.

Mike, when you fish with 30 lb braid, I guess everyone is suppose to be good.   ::)
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Gary

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 07:56:38 PM »
Nothing like finding the fish and getting pushed out of the way.  Reason I try not to carry a gun.  Thanks for the report.

Gary

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 07:29:13 AM »

hmm, i guess i could run over there & get that dog out of the kennel ;D

Grumpy

Halli

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 08:57:54 AM »
Good report on Priest as I am mostly a Bass fisher but soon will learn to fly for trout (hence my looming here on these fine forums).

The tourney guys can be pushy and some can be Very polite as all they have to do is come back later
it's not like all the fish are going to stay in that area because an intelligent fellow would just look at the pattern of how you catch those bass rather than the spot just like ya'll look at the hatch rather than
that one pool.

I myself like Old Hickory from the dam to Drakes creek and it's getting that time when the schooling bass will be going nuts.

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 12:28:57 PM »
I love tournament fishermen  ::) I mean who doesn't like a guy that thinks riding across the lake at 80 is called fishing.  ;D
I just don't care!

bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »
Sorry I didn't catch up with you last weekend, Mike.  I wound up getting roped into some housework instead.  I took my daughter fishing for catfish for a few hours Saturday - we caught one 1/2 lb. catfish and about fifteen thousand turtles.  The turtles would get on the bait so fast the catfish never had a chance.  Very annoying.

bd

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 06:13:23 PM »
Grumpy you'll have to clear that with J.

No problem BD I wasn't in a fishing mood anyway.