Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Get together  (Read 12256 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Get together
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »
You will be missed and kindly rewarded. ;D
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Mike Hill

• Fishless
  • Mike - the OTHER Mike!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
Yahoo, just got the seminar schedule and it is only on Friday.  Here's hoping I can get a late flight back friday night - and I can get the permission of the missus. 

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 07:22:58 PM »
Tell her we said so.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 07:47:42 PM »
Yahoo, just got the seminar schedule and it is only on Friday.  Here's hoping I can get a late flight back friday night - and I can get the permission of the missus. 

Bring her back something nice!  ;)
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 08:25:02 PM »
You will be there....no excuses!  ;D
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 12:48:43 AM »

Bring her back something nice!  ;)

Exactly. You hand her a nice little token of affection, she gets the warm and fuzzies about you and she'll be writing out the kitchen pass in record time.

Sounds like a cool deal. Very nice of Jarrod and Realtyman, nice move on the firewood. Very nice.
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

Mike Hill

• Fishless
  • Mike - the OTHER Mike!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 10:21:52 AM »
Lets see, my flight gets in at 10:05 - get to house pack stuff in truck, leave about 11:00 (hopefully).  Hopefully you guys won't mind someone coming stomping through camp at 12:30ish. 

Kylemc

• FishHead
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »
Can a first time poster join in on this trip?  I had planned on fishing the Caney that weekend with Gofisher and this sounds like a blast!

Grumpy,sorry I missed you up in Cole Holler.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 12:19:18 PM »
Yup sure can.

Racer X

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 12:41:30 PM »
I may be able to make this trip, guys.  I had planned on having a couple of buddies fishing with me that weekend but I'll just bet you guys don't mind if they come along.  If TVA has the water off, does standard tailwater fare work?  Midges, scuds, sows, etc.  Let me know what to tie.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 01:00:20 PM »
Low water, tailwater olive little stuff and BHPT's. I'll send you a PM for the rest of the story.

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »
I dont know what the water situation is going to be , but I have an alternative plan. I have a automatic skeet thrower that I can hook to the battery on my truck, so bring your favorite shotgun! ;D I will be shooting a 20 guage and have plenty of shells. I will provide all the skeet as well. ;D If you do not own a shotgun, do not worry, you will be welcome to use one of mine. I know it will be a lot of fun!!!!!!!! I hope we can fish too, but if not we will still have a blast!!!!!!!!! 8)
I just don't care!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2008, 05:24:15 AM »
Jarrod, can we do a little target shooting too? I have a AR that needs to have some rounds run through it. As well, I have plenty of Shoot-N-See targets.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 09:29:19 AM »
Yes sir, I think we can shoot towards the mountain behind the property.    Have you seasoned the barrel on the AR?
I just don't care!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 10:07:32 AM »
It has 200 rounds through it and is chrome lined. No seasoning required.  :)

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum