Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Harpeth  (Read 1942 times)

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Harpeth
« on: May 28, 2007, 07:13:48 AM »
Gonna head over to the Harpeth this morning and fish for a while to see what I can bring to hand.

Anybody wet at line in the Harpeth lately?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Harpeth
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:12:16 AM »
Had a decent day on the water (actually, I was just glad to be out). Caught 3 nice smallies and a bunch of gills, sunfish and shellcrackers and saw a few sunning turtles and couple of snakes.

Caught most of them at creek feeds in some nice moving water.

Water is LOW!!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:11:37 PM »
Cool day.

Enjoy it while you can. It won't be long and there will be places it will be dry. At least from the dam in Franklin and other spots down stream before it nears the Cumberland.

Imagine my surprise when I got up early one summer Sunday morning years ago to go fish the Harpeth and when I got there, there was no flow to go with. NONE. That was unbelievable to me. It happens in places though.

Probably sooner than usual this year considering how little rain we've had lately.
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »
Ron, no doubt. Given that we are 8+ inches behind it will soon be in really bad shape. I will fish it while I can....
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum