Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Fish Pond Submersible bags.  (Read 1682 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Fish Pond Submersible bags.
« on: January 24, 2019, 12:04:21 PM »
I've got two of them. The waterproof zippered Duffel and the Thunderhead roll top.  I've put the duffel through some pretty intense rain storms this year. It sits on the boat floor in standing water with pouring rain and hasn't leaked a drop. It's done an outstanding job at keeping my gear safe and dry. So much so that I finally decided to retire my really old Sage boat bag and replace it with  the thunderhead roll top. I scavenged the plastic interior divided compartment from the old sage bag and it fit perfectly into the Thunderhead bag. The sage was waterproof for about a year... Then the seams started leaking. I used it for about 6 years until those seams started coming un-welded. Before I threw the remaining shell away I removed the round plastic feet from the sage bag and used some aquaseal to attach them to the bottom of the fishpond bag. These feet prevent the bottom of the bag from the abuse of skidding on the floor constantly. I'm pretty excited to have a waterproof boat bag again especially with all the rain we've been getting this year. If you're in the market for a waterproof boat bag these are worth checking out. I'll update this thread as I put them both through the paces.

https://fishpondusa.com/thunderhead-roll-top-duffel

https://fishpondusa.com/thunderhead-submersible-duffel
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fish Pond Submersible bags.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 09:01:08 AM »
Those are nice bags Mike! I will have to look into them when I am in the need for a replacement.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum