Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Harpeth  (Read 2582 times)

ncoble4

Harpeth
« on: April 05, 2006, 11:27:12 AM »
Extremely Muddy yesterday.

Was more of a boat ride than a fishing trip, but I had to make some casts anyway.  I saw some activity near some laydowns, but couldn't get any strikes. 

I did end up getting honked at by numerous geese that had made nests up and down the river bank and on some of the small islands.

Had a blast regardless of the poor fishing.

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
Re: Harpeth
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 01:03:24 PM »
Where abouts did you float?  It was still muddy in Franklin yesterday. I usually cross it two places during the day. Once on Mack Hatcher near Lewisburg Pike, and once downtown Franklin.

Have you ever fished it above Mack Hatcher near Forset Crossings?
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

ncoble4

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 05:54:02 PM »
I was all the way down near the Cumberland off of Hwy 49.  I put in at the little park there and motored about a 1.5 miles upstream.  I've never taken my Riverhawk in some of the upper sections of the Harpeth, but would like to.

Do you use a canoe or motorized boat?

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 05:13:58 PM »
I used to wade it, then bought a canoe. Floated around Franklin a little. Sold the canoe and haven't been back.

I keep a rod at the office just in case I get the chance to slip out early. I cross it a time or two, or three if I take the scenic route, on my way home from work.  So far it's been high and muddy both times I had time.  Dang it. 

I've never been on it down river where you were.  One of these days.  I see we have a new member here that fishes creeks a lot. I'll bet he has been from one end to the other. He'll probably chime in when he gets time.

Good fishin,

Ron
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."