Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: a fix  (Read 1612 times)

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
a fix
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:04 AM »
Have been down with the flu for the past week. I had to drive over a small put-n-take crick yesterday, and it looked clear from the road, so I stopped. Sleet was blowing sideways and I was starting to wonder just how desperate I was... but I bundled up anyway, grabbed a tenkara rod so I wouldn't have to pick ice out of the guides, and splashed in.

yeah, yeah, I know, stupid hatchery trout... but after the first dozen drifts and dozen trout released, I was starting to grin. I was working on #13 when this big brown blur shot across the pool -- took my brain a second to process what it was -- OTTER! Popped up right in front of me, close enough I could almost smell its fishy breath, looked right at me for a second trying to figure out what I was, cocking its head this way and that, then took off downstream. Completely awesome, and one of a very few times I wish I would have been running a go pro or something...   

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Re: a fix
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 10:07:26 AM »
Had one back in Cades cove do something similar to me one day. I was walking the creek and saw one playing in the water. I walked to the waters edge to get a shot of it with my camera but I couldn't find it. After a min of searching I happened to look down and it was right at my feet looking at me. We made eye contact and it bolted. They are one of my favorite critters to try to capture.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 06:56:43 AM »
That's Awesome! I was in Cherokee one early morning sitting high on a rock watching a pool when a large Otter slipped into the water on the other bank. The water was clear enough and the light just right where I was able to see it's every move under water, it was so cool watching him chase down and catch a truly HUGE trout , drag it to the bank and eat it.
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 08:01:15 AM »
Very cool!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum