Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Duck 4-3-08  (Read 2163 times)

roberts618

Duck 4-3-08
« on: April 04, 2008, 08:33:28 AM »
It had rained all day but I had an itch to fish the Duck again after the previous night's performance.  I was not encouraged because of the heavy day-long rains, but since I am only 15 minutes to the water no big deal.

So I left home as the rain was coming to an end about 5:45 pm.  The rain had stopped by the time I arrived at the parking lot.  In fact the skies cleared for a short time and the sun actually appeared.  Got suited up, put a green Wooly Bugger on and got into the water.  BTW, the water was very muddy from the runoff.  I did not know what to expect.  My second cast brought a nice RB to the net and I was really encouraged.

Really had a good hour or so fishing.  Hooked 25 RBs and actually got 21 of them into the net.  They were all stockers ranging in length from 10 to 12 inches.  Several of them were fighters and did not want to give up.  Lots of fun and to think a day's worth of fishing concentrated into one hour.   :)

Looper Flies

Re: Duck 4-3-08
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:10:52 AM »
Where on the Duck did you fish?  I normally go around Cortner's Mill and walk downstream.
Fish on!

roberts618

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 08:08:20 AM »
I fish below the bridge below the dam.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »
Sounds like a good day. I have a caught a lot of fish there as well.  ;)
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

DH20

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 01:13:27 PM »
Does anyone know how many miles it is on the river from the first bridge below the dam to the next bridge and to the next and so on.   I'm wanting to float it and would like to know the distances.  Thanks for any information.

TimM

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 04:13:23 PM »
I don't know the answer to your question but you can get very accurate values using Google Earth & the "measurement" tool.  Who'da thunk it even 10 years ago.... free satellite imagery as a fishing tool.  :D