Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Provo river Utah  (Read 1927 times)

icthus

• FishHead
Provo river Utah
« on: August 26, 2019, 10:21:38 AM »
In three hours I should be knee deep in the snow melt Provo river.  I started pulling out my trout gear, and the good memories came back.  What a good run that was. 

Hope all is well and here is to a good week!
Cheers
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Re: Provo river Utah
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:12:07 PM »
Be careful with the Blue Vein Throbber up there. It's mormon country. If you see a big gravel spot all cleared off, with a ton of big Trout on it, don't cast to them.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 09:13:41 PM »
Don’t Snook-Set on em.  You’re bound to break off a dozen or so with your salty reflexes.  Have fun up there.  I took Triston backpack troutin’ in that creek where Jay took you.  I hadn’t thrown a dry fly in years.  It all comes back so fast.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 05:56:11 AM »
I love that river, what section are you fishing?

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »
Jealous.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 09:19:41 AM »
Landed 6 nothing over 14”s. Forgot how much fun trout fishing is.  I fished by sr 92. There were a lot of people in the evening.  I was told after I needed to go a little further towards heber.  Went mtn Biking, wrecked, ended up with 9 stitches. 

Not a bad life,
Cheers
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 06:03:11 AM »
The Heber area is the one I like most, why doesn't 9 stitches not surprise me ::)