Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: float plans  (Read 3908 times)

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
float plans
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:46:46 AM »
I just got a pm from a member that is thinking about putting a boat in on the Elk this weekend. I have advised him not to, but if he did to be sure and leave a float plan with someone. Has anyone ever thought about having a float plan thread?
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

countryflyfisher

• fishing water noone talks about
Re: float plans
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »
Very interesting point yoda and a good one at that
The more I fish the more I realize it isn t about the fishing.  The older I get the more I realize it is about the moments God has hand crafted just for me. 

countryflyfisher

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:43:11 AM »
Could use the Invitation to Fish area as one and yes, a good point indeed.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Travis C.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
That is a good idea but probably better for a PM to a friend or some other means in my opinion. I would not want to be too specific on times, places and etc in the plan if it posted on a thread which defeats its purpose. Remember this site open for anyone that registers or in some topics as a guest can read.

Someone with not so good intentions for you or your property could access that info and have other plans.

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 05:59:24 PM »
That is a good idea but probably better for a PM to a friend or some other means in my opinion. I would not want to be too specific on times, places and etc in the plan if it posted on a thread which defeats its purpose. Remember this site open for anyone that registers or in some topics as a guest can read.

Someone with not so good intentions for you or your property could access that info and have other plans.
Also a good point. I have been using Spot personal tracker as my float plan device. just seems like a good idea for someone to know exactly where you are, and preferably somone that knows the water you are fishing.
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

Travis C.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 07:12:59 PM »
I will never forget the day I met Curtis aka Realtyman. I had fished my way down to Stonewall and taken all my gear off then locked my keys in the car. Luckily had my phone but it was November and I was in shorts/t-shirt. He was coming up from fishing as well and kindly offered me a rod  to fish with while my keys came. Curtis ended up meeting about my whole family. Dad rode on his bike from over hour and half following the directions I gave with the wrong keys then came my mom with the right ones. A float plan would have been good in that case because neither parent had ever been there before. Thank goodness there was dollar store near by for me to get some warm clothes while we waited on mom.

I definitely see a good use for a float plan and there are some good guys in this site but I would be careful with info.

SPOT is really nice to have and I think the second generation ones are a lot more versitile.