Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: AuSable River, MI  (Read 1125 times)

roberts618

AuSable River, MI
« on: May 19, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »
Spent 3 1/2 days recently on the AuSable.  Fished the North Branch on this past Thursday afternoon with low success - 3 small brook trout.  Then on Friday spent the afternoon on the South Branch again with low success - another 3 small brown and brook trout.  Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning down at the Trophy Waters stretch below Mio.  At Comins Flats, it was a happening.  Caught a total of 30 Rainbows, Browns and Brookies on this stretch.  Saw lots of bug hatches - Hendricksons, Caddis and Sulphurs during my time in the Grayling / Mio area.  Green and yellow soft hackle was the fly of choice while fishing on the Trophy Waters.

RSiegmann

Re: AuSable River, MI
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 09:48:46 AM »
You're making me miss MI ... We moved to TN three years ago, and every spring I long for the AuSable waters ... Heck, I still check out the weekly fishing reports put out by Gate's Lodge ... The sulphur hatch on the South Branch is a personal favorite of mine ... Fishing a sulphur emerger with a trailing shuck is at times almost unfair ... Sounds like you enjoyed yourself ...

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: AuSable River, MI
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 10:24:19 AM »
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum