Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Mother's Day Camping  (Read 3291 times)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Mother's Day Camping
« on: May 15, 2014, 06:00:31 AM »
Crystal, Bree, Jazzi, and I set off on our long awaited first family campout.  With rain in the forecast, we persevered for two nights, and enjoyed an amazing quality moment.  Bree did fantastic! She loved everything about it...the campfire, sleeping soundly on the air mattress, cooking the meals, and best of all: playing in the dirt and water with Jazzi.  We pretty much had the entire camp to ourselves.  Fishing was a little slow, and interrupted by rain spells, but we made the most of it, stayed dry, and burned a great memory to look back on.

Getting ready to leave:

Our setup:

Mighty fine IPA at dinner:

First night Campfire:

I managed to sneak off early the first morning, and creep the HogIsland down some rapids to my favorite musky hole.  Heard the last Spring gobblers calling in the fields at sunrise.

Soon after, my oversized spook got slaughtered by a scrappy little male musky.  He was all beat up from recent spawning.

No other fish activity over the next hour.  Back to Camp to cook breakfast for the ladies.

Dodged storms first day, and ate above lunch and dinner at some local dives.  By the time we finished a late dinner, the rain stopped, and we enjoyed another nice campfire for night#2.

On Mother's Day, the sky cleared and we woke up to a gorgeous morning.  Cooked another nice breakfast, then broke down camp with one mission in mind:  get Crystal on a Mother's Day Musky.  It's been a while since she landed one, and she was fired up at the chance to fish again on such a gorgeous day.

Saying goodbye to the Campsite:

No Muskies were encountered in their usual haunts, but we made the most of the day, dodging the
bright sun with some snack breaks in the shade, even taking a cold swim when Breelyn wanted to get in the water.

We already can't wait for our next excursion out.  Next time, it will be time to introduce Bree to the Paddleboards on some saltwater.

Travis

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Mother's Day Camping
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »
TW, as usual, FANTASTIC!

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 08:26:13 AM »
I can't even express how great it is to see this report and those pictures! Memories for the rest of your life. I did like the IPA pic with Bree's little sippie cup in the background!  :D
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »
Yeah, this was a pretty dang awesome report on multiple levels!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:32:58 AM »
Another fantastic TR and memories of a lifetime! Great stuff!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:18:37 PM »
You told that entire story just to lead us into a picture of you with your shirt off trying to show us old men up :)
Awesome trip man !

JW
I just don't care!

TheYiman

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 10:22:53 AM »
Good stuff right there!  Thanks for the report, Travis.