Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Smallmouth and Morrells  (Read 3704 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Smallmouth and Morrells
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »
It's getting that time folks. Got several doz of my best Smallie flies tied up and the SUP is loaded and waiting. Can't wait!
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
Re: Smallmouth and Morrells
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 12:04:35 PM »
Yup, can't wait one bit. This year I'm going to get serious about morel spore dispersal/propagation! 

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 10:02:42 PM »
This year has been a complete bust for black morels, have only found a few yellows so far -- and I left those in hopes they spread spores far and wide. A couple mushroom-obsessed friends have all reported the same. The mystery of the missing morels. I'm not sure what could have caused such a complete fruiting failure...

Fished a couple hours over my lunch break today -- fighting the wind was well worth it.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 06:28:21 AM »
Is there a range where they can be found, i know they're up East, does the middle of the state here support morel's?

Mike, hope both endeavors are great!

Nice smallie gaspergou.

Grumpy

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 07:16:24 AM »
Is there a range where they can be found, i know they're up East, does the middle of the state here support morel's?

About the only place they're not found in some form is the southern coastal plain of FL, AL, and GA. Both blacks and yellows occur statewide in Tennessee. There are several websites that track and map morel sightings, so you can follow the fruiting nawthwards (and up in elevation).

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 10:49:28 AM »
THNX Dave

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 01:44:58 PM »
Nice!  :D