Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: board needs a fresh report.  (Read 3384 times)

Rockyraccoon

• Rocky Top Anglers
board needs a fresh report.
« on: September 03, 2008, 09:50:19 PM »
Had clients today who needed to fish local to Knoxville. So we made an early morning trip to the Clinch.

Was nice and foggy and cool (so comfortable) until 11:00 or so. Sunny and hotter than hellfire for the rest of the day.

The bite was pretty hot most of the day. Starting with #20 black caddis dries morning,  #16 - #22 nymphs and midges mid day, and a dry/ dropper sulphur afternoon.

I was real pleased with the new slot and the number of fish we spotted and turned up in the slot. These are the fish that used to be so numerous on the Clinch. In the past few years it seems like all of the fish were either fingerlings or whales. It's nice to see a few more of those jim dandys.

I was also pleased with the brookies we caught. Last fall these guys were fingerlings. Now, these guys are running 10" - 14" inches and are plump little sharks.

One of the slot brownies.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Goo Goo Ga Choob!

I'd like to go where the pace of life's slow. Could you beam me somewhere, Mister Scott?
Any old place here on Earth or in space.You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

Rockyraccoon

• Rocky Top Anglers
Re: board needs a fresh report.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:51:08 PM »
One of the brookies.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Goo Goo Ga Choob!

I'd like to go where the pace of life's slow. Could you beam me somewhere, Mister Scott?
Any old place here on Earth or in space.You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 10:35:42 PM »
Thanks for the report. I have always heard good things in the past about the Clinch, but you dont hear much lately. Awesome.

Jarrod
I just don't care!

Racer X

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:31:02 AM »
We did well saturday, Rocky.  Maybe it will come back!

bee

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:50:29 AM »
fished out there last week and it was fun to see the colors in many of the fish that I would describe as just below slot size.  If they can survive to next spring it could again be a real fine fishery in a year or so.