Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Tywheel  (Read 3594 times)

Phil Landry

• arkansas trout bum
Tywheel
« on: July 23, 2015, 10:05:02 AM »
Tywheel

Y'all check this out.  www.tywheel.com

I'm fortunate enough to know the guys making these and got a prototype back in April.  I love this thing.  It's completely customizable and can be adapted in a flash.  There will be new attachments and a tytower attachment organizer coming out soon.

This is really the most revolutionary fly tying concept I have seen in a very long time.  It puts the old Oasis organization systems to shame in my opinion.

Feel free to share your thoughts or ask questions.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Tywheel
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 10:11:27 AM »
Phil, that is a slick product. Can it be used with a bench mounted vice vs. a base mount? I have a base, but prefer mine mounted to my bench.

As well, I like how you keep your tying table a little more free of clutter because you can put materials on the TyWheel.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 11:07:22 AM »
Steve, you'd have to have a 2" bushing if you wanted to use the trash collector, around 3/4" if not to keep it from rotating on desk.

Phil Landry

• arkansas trout bum
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 12:13:54 PM »
It will work on either, a bushing with a set screw in it works well.  I don't use the can deal really, I use an attachment with a bobbin holder instead of that one... So mine can sit a little lower.  It works on most vice shafts... Except for the really short ones.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 04:14:27 PM »
Cool, thanks Grumpy and Phil for the feedback.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum