Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: September smallies continued....  (Read 2423 times)

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
September smallies continued....
« on: September 13, 2016, 07:51:26 PM »
Made it out to the lake with a friend and his canoe, had the lake to ourselves and fished whirley bees on 4lb test for most of the day in deep water along bluffs.Caught several bass in this size range over the course of the day. Amazing how hard those fish fight in lakes.  Nice seeing the board activity pick up!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: September smallies continued....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 07:35:08 AM »
That's a beauty!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 07:39:43 AM »
That sounds like a great day. It's been years since I actually fished Centerhill.When I sold the Ranger I pretty much gave up lake fishing and haven’t looked back, until lately.
For anyone who doesn’t remember these are Whirly Bees.

The board will hopefully get back to normal. I lost interest in it for awhile but realized how much I dislike posting or talking about fishing stuff on facebook...
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 09:27:36 AM »
Pretty markings on that one.  And like you mentioned, nothing fights like a lake smallie.