Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Some photos from the park.  (Read 2269 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Some photos from the park.
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
This was from Clingmans Overlook. The summit was covered in clouds, very windy and 56 degrees. I used my truck heater in July for the first time in my life!

DJ2A8584.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

Some Cades Cove wildlife.

DJ2A8429.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DJ2A8422.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DJ2A8420.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

My First Bear Shot!! Using a 400mm + tele. In other words, from a safe non invasive distance.

DJ2A8476.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DJ2A8477.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DJ2A8480.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DJ2A8489.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DJ2A8447.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DJ2A8499.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DJ2A8545.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DJ2A8524.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

Chimney Tops

DJ2A8626.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Some photos from the park.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 06:05:12 PM »
Fishing was tough for me this trip. Probablly because all I could think about was shooting. It feels good to be motivated by new things and I tend to bounce back and forth between photography and fishing. Sometimes both. I caught three small Bows all of which slipped away without getting a mugshot. Oh well they're just tiny little dinks anyway. Tiny little dinks that will stump even the best angler more often then not...

Ran into a fellow named Mike Bates (I think) and he turned me onto this little gem of a stream. If anyone knows Mike tell him to sign up here. We could use some more good folks like him around here. Though this stream receives a fair amount of pressure I suspect if your willing to hike a little further you can find a pool or two undisturbed. This day I didn't have time to hike so I just fished used water....

DSC_1079.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DSC_1094.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

Not sure what happened here?? When your alone, deep in the woods, I can tell you what your mind assumes it is. A place where a Bear mauled a fly fisherman to death!

DSC_1097.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

This is one sweet mtn setup. the more I fish it the more impressed I get. Orvis got this rod PERFECT IMO.

DSC_1107.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

DSC_1113.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

Not sure what this was all about.

DSC_1152.jpg by Mike C Anderson, on Flickr

Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:35:20 PM »
Sweet pics. The bear photo was awesome once I found waldo. You are gifted with that camera. I hope  you are able to follow your passion and make a living one day.

Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 10:41:54 PM »
Thanks Craig. It's been alot fun documenting the wonder of the world as I see it.

Jason DeBacker

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
Well done!  Looks like a nice weekend.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 08:13:30 AM »
Well done Mike. Wish I could have joined you but that may have cost me something more dear.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

oldmanelrod

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 12:38:59 PM »
Your pictures are treasures.
Spent lots of time in Cades Cove while a student at Maryville College. Deer and bear pictures sure look they were taken in like Cades Cove....am I correct?

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 01:33:51 PM »
Thank you guys.

oldmanelrod you're correct on the location. That's a heck of a great place to explore with a camera, a wide, and a long lens. I can see how a person could spend a alot of time capturing that valley.