Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: OH 5/9  (Read 4098 times)

Travis C.

OH 5/9
« on: May 09, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »
Took the little one out for a play date with the bluegill. It's so much fun with poppers this time of year. I have no idea how many were caught but it was a lot. They weren't on beds as of yet but definitely moved shallow in big numbers. I had a streamer rod just in case with an olive Sdungeon tied on if a largemouth gave chase to one of my bluegills. Only one sighting of a bass the whole time as it swiped at the streamer on the couple retrieves before I left. The bass may be doing their thing or finishing up right now.

Fun times...

Gary

Re: OH 5/9
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get out today but didn't. Hoping to get out tomorrow.

Gary

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
OH 5/9
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:28:45 AM »
Sounds fun to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Travis C.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 07:48:15 AM »
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get out today but didn't. Hoping to get out tomorrow.

Gary

No problem.  I also noticed some mayflies as well just not the droves of them yet so it shouldn't be long for that fun to start.

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »
I saw LOADS of mayflies (dark Hexagenia) yesterday on a warmwater stream that had a good flow to it.  Too bad it didn't hold trout...  >:(
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

RonS81

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 06:49:36 AM »
I was also out on OH Thurs 5/9. Cauhgt most of my fish a little deeper with a weighted line. Bluegill  bass and this guy.

Fishing a weedless soft hackle witha sinking line on a 5 weight.

Travis C.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 08:51:48 AM »
I saw LOADS of mayflies (dark Hexagenia) yesterday on a warmwater stream that had a good flow to it.  Too bad it didn't hold trout...  >:(

What do you have against chubs rising to a spinner fall?  ;D

Nice cat Ron, I bet that was fun on a 5wt. I hope to do more OH fishing this year with a fly rod.

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »

What do you have against chubs rising to a spinner fall?  ;D

Nothing at all, but I was hoping the bug carp would fire off on them!  :o
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead