Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: In The Spread  (Read 2616 times)

Looper Flies

In The Spread
« on: September 02, 2016, 08:42:50 AM »
I've been keeping this under my hat, but we just wrapped the 2nd episode of In The Spread.  We focused on smallmouth bass in East TN using light tackle and flies.  Here's few highlights:

I painted and tied a few of the new Double Barrel Poppers from Flymen in hopes of some topwater action.

Crammed the boxes with WAY more than I needed

Stopped in to see the fellers at Chota in Knoxville and let them take the Clutch React 350+ rod for a test drive.  This rod is a cannon at 8'1" and it's a one piece rod!

Day 1 was tough in Northeast TN.  The weather was hotter than hot, and the TVA ran more water than predicted.  Light gear was the only option and the fish only wanted a 4" Zoom lizard.  I landed 12 fish of average size.

I was tired and needed food.  Pal's

Day 2 was better.  I changed area codes and made my way closer to Knoxville.  I was on the water by 5:30am, about an hour before first light, and it paid off.  The fish were very active before sunrise with busts all over the river.  My Olympic Medal in silver was the perfect size/shape/color and the smallies couldn't stand it.  We stayed out until around 10 when the sun began to burn through the clouds and the fishing slowed.  It was a great day on the water.

Stay tuned!  More to come!

Fish on!

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Re: In The Spread
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 08:50:58 AM »
Sweet! Glad to hear it's working out.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: In The Spread
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 07:15:50 AM »
Looking good and nice work! Keep it coming!!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum