Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Holy crap!  (Read 2426 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Holy crap!
« on: July 31, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
I did it!!!! :o We are now on the new database and everything on the forum is working. (knock on wood). Photo gallery next.

Time for a FAT cigar!

PS there could be a few posts missing since I used a back up from the 28th. If so sorry...
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Holy crap!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 05:26:11 PM »
Ohh and btw if you or someone you know needs an easy job call godaddy. You can join the support team and draw a check. No experience required, if you can talk and say “uhhh, let me put you on hold” your in!
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Racer X

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 05:50:16 PM »
Greased lightning thar Mikey!  Thankee!  ;)

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
Photo gallery is done! No thanks to Junebug with the godaddy support team who basically told me sorry can't help ya.

Looking for a hosting account with knowledgeable staff? Look somewhere else!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 07:04:24 AM »
Awesome work Mike and sounds like your technical skills clearly outpaced GoDaddy or should I say NoDaddy.  ;)
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

JayA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:46:33 AM »
Mike,

After the eight hours I spent working on this and giving you direction and all the trouble we both had I will glady pay the difference between the GoDaddy account and a real company to get it moved so that they do not do this to us again.  Just let me know if it is okay and I will get it going.

I wrote GoDaddy of for all but Domains a long time ago and another to avoid is Re-Invent.com

Jay

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 11:40:26 AM »
The board is working great here!  That's a shame about godaddy.  I have used them for years for several websites and always experienced excellent customer service.  I haven't had to call them in a while though, so maybe things have changed for the worse...

Cheers,
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead