Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Obey River 4/2 thru 4/5  (Read 2542 times)

Travis C.

Obey River 4/2 thru 4/5
« on: April 07, 2009, 01:08:01 PM »
Hey guys,

We (as most did) had a lot of water to deal with. The fishing was very tough and I would say the water was up maybe 10 feet. For those who know the river, at the ramp by the campground the water under 2 gen was over both fishing piers and all the way up to the billboard sign on the left hand side of the ramp.  It did not seem to move any faster than 2 generators but the volume was major. We as in the other guys not me, caught some huge skippies (18"-22") by the boils resulting in lures with broken trebles and one spinning reel being stripped of a gear. Not many others around caught trout in the river. Hatchery creek saved the trip for those who searched the trout. In fact, Saturday the water was so high up in the creek some said there were big un's hiding at the junction of the two creeks.

The trip was fun and as of right now no flat tires to speak of and I am still not sick.  ;D

But, I did have to drive through a possible rain wrapped tornado on a trip back to the house Thursday afternoon.

Good times and I am really ready for somewhere to have low water.

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
Re: Obey River 4/2 thru 4/5
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »
Funny you say flat tire...I was camping with the wife and kids there a couple years ago and woke up to a leaking tire Saturday morning. I drove in to town and was lucky to find a shop open. Come to find out it was only open because they were working on one of the employee's tractor! They fixed my tire and helped me avoid a major headache...
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach