Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Blue Sky Boatworks Angler 360  (Read 2675 times)

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Re: Blue Sky Boatworks Angler 360
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 03:40:49 PM »
Cool looking boat Kudos to Jackson but I couldn't use it as a fly fisherman. When will the kayak manufactures understand that what we really need is a stable platform that the angler can face any direction on while standing. There are tons of "fishing" kayaks that you can stand up in. Few if any? that you can stand up and face port, starboard, bow, or stern. This is where the SUP has a huge advantage over all other fishing kayaks and I don't for the life of understand why that is. Make a coosa with a large FLAT standing surface so I can  face any direction I need to. When the wind or current blows the front of the kayak you just move your feet to keep facing the bank instead of having to constantly use a paddle to adjust your orientation because you have stand facing forward.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 04:52:08 PM »
Mayfly is the "flyfishing" model…. 8) 

My understanding is flat is hard to do with kayak plastic.  Rounded areas and bends add strength. So a foam or air filled paddleboard might be best at flat, cause of design parameters of rotomolded polyethylene.

It also my understanding that Andy Zimmerman is the brain behind blue sky boat.  He was formerly with Native and designed their peddle drive. Nice boat to use in place of pond prowler in small impoundments with conventional gear.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 05:04:34 PM »
Cool looking boat Kudos to Jackson but I couldn't use it as a fly fisherman. When will the kayak manufactures understand that what we really need is a stable platform that the angler can face any direction on while standing. There are tons of "fishing" kayaks that you can stand up in. Few if any? that you can stand up and face port, starboard, bow, or stern. This is where the SUP has a huge advantage over all other fishing kayaks and I don't for the life of understand why that is. Make a coosa with a large FLAT standing surface so I can  face any direction I need to. When the wind or current blows the front of the kayak you just move your feet to keep facing the bank instead of having to constantly use a paddle to adjust your orientation because you have stand facing forward.

Agreed Mike, that chair takes up a crazy amount of space.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »
Well,, IMO the first one to build a kayak with SUP standing abilities will dominate the market. Don't force me to face feet forward. It's not conducive to standing and fishing. In a kayak the current or wind turning the boat forces you to use the paddle to adjust orientation. If you have a paddle in your hand you're not fishing. Where as on an SUP you can just turn your feet and face the target no matter the boats orientation. I know Eric fishes and hopefully reads this and makes the most awesome SUP/Kayak hybrid ever!
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 12:36:34 PM »
That style of watercraft would be tough on moving waters I can only image how difficult simple portages would become.