Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Colorao trip report  (Read 1679 times)

adamtn

• set....Set....SET!!!
Colorao trip report
« on: March 29, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »
I just got back from a two week trip to colorado. I didn't fish as much as i'd like to, but i did get 3 days on the water.

March 19-20: Colorado river near Hot Sulfur Springs

We were staying with friends near winter park. Finding water that wasn't frozen took a bit of a drive out of the mountains. When we got to the river we found it high and very muddy. I couldn't see my boots in shin deep water. The muddy water and big slick rocks made for some pretty sketchy wading conditions. I only caught one fish these two days, a pretty large brown. i didn't get a pic of him because he got off when my girlfriend tried to net him for me. I'd say he was in the 18-20" range. When i hooked him i was sure that i had hung the bottom and tried to break off and he made a run. One of the afternoons we decided to give the williams fork river a try. It was a 45 minute hike down a hill in deep snow that wouldn't hold you up. The hike in kicked my but and i only got to fish for an hour before it started getting dark and i had to hike back out.

any way, here's pics from the colorado river area.

Colorado River

II'll add more pics and a report from Gore Creek in Vail tomorrow

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Re: Colorao trip report
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:18:30 AM »
Must have been hard to leave. I'm Looking forward to the rest of the pics.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

toddro

• FishHead
Re: Colorao trip report
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
That water looks beautiful!  I have a few trips out West planned for the summer, and I can't wait!

"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead