Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Duck 4-8-08  (Read 1680 times)

roberts618

Duck 4-8-08
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:21:57 AM »
The sun was out and the day was nice and warm so I had the fishing itch again.  I tried a new spot for me and went to the bridge access right outside of Normandy.  Going upstream I had several good strikes on Tim's Trout Candy and a dark blue Wooly Bugger.  But was unable to put anything into the net. 

Later went downstream and did not have a single strike.  There was a bug hatch going on in the late afternoon.  Reminded me of a small Caddis which I tried with no success.  I fished from about 1 to 5 pm.  Slowest time for me in several recent visits to the Duck. 

The Duck seems to be getting alot of pressure because of the releases from other dams.  I saw several cars in the parking lot from the Nashville area.

DH20

Re: Duck 4-8-08
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:00:04 AM »
Will the trout in the Duck be there all year?

Mike Hill

• Fishless
  • Mike - the OTHER Mike!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:04:49 AM »
Yup, especially upstream!

DH20

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:19:26 AM »
Great!