Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Scott A4  (Read 2569 times)

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
Scott A4
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:06:57 AM »
When this series came out withing the last two years, I was looking for a six weight, sold my Loomis Shore Stalker to Yoda.

When I found a shop that actually carries a good inventory of Scott, brought this puppy home, but almost didn't buy it because my thinking is a six should have a fighting butt  :D

but I fishing it some and loved the rod but still wanted a fighting butt, emailed Scott and Ian Crabtree always answers within the hour if he's in. As he said they don't offer all the bells and whistles on A4 line, I understand (but think they are missing sales)

My FFF club has a sell/swap at the July meeting every year. So, I thought what the heck will take it and see if I have any interest, laid it on table and first person that picked it up was reaching in pocket for a wade of hundred dollar bills ;D

Figured I might get lucky and get a S4 on sale if they ever close them out. Called Ian on Friday about the S4 future, had he cast new RIO Perception line. Cost to build a fighting butt for the A4. He said they do a custom run every year for a fly shop in Arkansas, for their shop smallie rod. Said to give them a call and I did, they had 3 left from this years build.

Anticipation of opening up box to see what I think a six should look like  :o

it's killing me

what I'm talking about

she gets tested after lunch

and McLellan's Fly Shop price is same as all other A4's

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Scott A4
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
Very nice David, very nice indeed. That is going to be a sweet rod.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Re: Scott A4
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 06:22:38 PM »
I've just not aquired the taste for Scott rods yet. They are some of the most beautiful and well crafted fly rods made for sure. That one is no exception.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.