Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: A rare find today!  (Read 2702 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
A rare find today!
« on: March 04, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »
These guys are tiny when they get all balled up but I noticed it by chance and it didn't mind my being there and snapping away.

Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

bee

Re: A rare find today!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 09:40:52 PM »
sadly their population continues to decline precipitously   

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »
Yea that's what i keep reading. Hopefully they make a comeback with the protection they have now.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »
They come into our basement occassionally and will freak you out. They are really protected these days, especially if they have babies inside your house or attic.

Nice pics Mike.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 11:43:26 AM »
Saw one get nailed by an osprey or immature bald about 30 ft above my head.  It was nearing dusk, on a warm spring day, shadows were covering the river, but a sliver of sun was peaking above the ridge. I caught a glimpse of the bat flying from one side of the river to the other, and tried following it with my eyes.  As I was spinning the float tube around to see better, from behind me, a large bird pounced on it and headed to the silver of the sun that was still left.  It was spectacular.  I had seen both an osprey and immature bald early in the day, but I have no clue as to which one it was.