Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: July Trip  (Read 3195 times)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
July Trip
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »
Late post

The Wiles took an overpacked East Coast/West Coast Florida trip.  Finally was able to crack the finicky still canal tarpon, that were being much more stubborn than my friendly tidal river tarpon that we used to catch before the algae ruined the river.

Found new access points, and fished as best as possible with 2 young kiddos in the boat. We had a  babysitter, but lost her  when she had to leave for a funeral.

Wanted to fish with Icthus, but we were over an hour south..with lots of traffic between.  Plus, we wound up with a unexpected house-full when Crystal’s cousins came to stay with us.

Great memories were made.
Hope everyone else’s summers were awesome.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: July Trip
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 07:58:23 AM »
Nice TR Travis! Good times right there.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:58:31 AM »
This looks just like a guy that caught his first musky fishing with me one day.

Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 11:09:46 AM »
I didn't know FL had skipjack ;D  Nice snook to go with the tarp. That rainbow pic, and the sunset before it, are fantastic. 

bee

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »
Treasure those days man...it gets by you very fast.
Also would like to nominate your bride as the Fishing Wife of the Decade --maybe the Century

fairweatherfish

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 01:43:31 PM »
I'd been watching for a report. It wasn't what I'd expected, but I surely wasn't disappointed. Thanks