Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: S. Holston/Boone Lake  (Read 3998 times)

Macdaddy1

S. Holston/Boone Lake
« on: January 14, 2015, 04:37:36 PM »
I have heard they have a leak on the dam and that lake is drawn down and will not return to full pond this spring due to repair efforts.  Also heard that Davis and the upper landings on lake are high and dry.  Are their any river landings up river close enough in running time to confluence of Beaver Creek?

Is this going to be the end for this large striped bass fishery?

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: S. Holston/Boone Lake
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 10:11:41 PM »
I know nothing of the lake, the stripers seem to survive anything thrown at them, the strong will carry on & produce.

Aquaholic

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 01:56:52 PM »
the stripes will be fine

Macdaddy1

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 10:44:09 AM »
So it won't  affect their summer deep water refuge?

Just hoping they can get up river and all the big ladies can make it through the summer.  This lake is a rare jewel with 30# common and occasional 50#+.  Only place better is in the Nashville neighborhood (If you know what I mean).  And we finally have  a good brotherhood of catch and release fishermen that are regulars so I will miss seeing the usual faces this March.