Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Trout below Bedford lake  (Read 3965 times)

oldmanelrod

Trout below Bedford lake
« on: January 31, 2012, 04:00:06 PM »
With all the high water recently I decided to fish a couple of spots in the creek that empties out of Bedford lake and into the Duck River close to Cortners Mill. I had not fished it in years but to my surprise I still caught a few rainbows in it. Got one 17" rainbow. Fishing these fish was like fishing for fish in a moutain stream...you got to stay hidden/low profile, move slowly and wear camo if possible. I imagine that it is a winter situation only. once the water heats up they must move back down to the Duck. Any one else ever had any luck in this stream?

bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Trout below Bedford lake
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
A 17" rainbow from the Duck???  That's something you don't see every day for sure.

bd

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:49:06 AM »
That is a good looking lil creek there.

Grumpy

oldmanelrod

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 01:12:25 PM »
A 17" rainbow from the Duck???  That's something you don't see every day for sure.

bd

I agree. It had great color and no sign of fins being worn down from tanks at hatchery. Best I can figure is that it had been in there for a while. I know that some of the creeks in that area have springs that empty into them...seems to keep the water cold even in the summer.