Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Little Red Water Release is Slowing  (Read 828 times)

troutaddict

• Trout - easy to smoke - hard to keep lit
Little Red Water Release is Slowing
« on: March 12, 2007, 04:47:21 PM »
Got back from fishing the Little Red this weekend and this morning.  Wow was it fun.  Hooked up with some nice fish.  A couple of browns really took me for a good rip.  I'll have to do some tying soon to get my stock back up.

Looking forward to getting in the Caney soon.

toddro

• FishHead
Re: Little Red Water Release is Slowing
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »
What kind of flies were working in the Little Red this time of year?  I've never been in the winter...

"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

troutaddict

• Trout - easy to smoke - hard to keep lit
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 08:04:06 AM »
I was mainly using Zebra midges and  PT pupa.  Mostly the Zebra this trip.   

I noticed that people were catching fish on a large variety of stuff but mostly the dumb release fish, the bigger fish were wilder and much more selective.  The selective fish were taking zebra midges and PT pupas really well.

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:08:51 PM »
Cool - thanks.  I guess Zebras must work well down there for most of the year...
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead