Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Bayou Fishing  (Read 2635 times)

icthus

• FishHead
Bayou Fishing
« on: December 21, 2014, 09:38:02 PM »
Finally landed the sled I have been eyeing for over five years (thank JW for the find).  I have yet to name her, thinking of "Pal" but not to sure.  I have taken her skinny, got her stuck on sand while following some reds, put a small scrape on the port side, but hell that is what a 93 Maverick is for; to get where most people cant.  How life comes full circle, a mentor/teacher/baseball coach that built the framework of my ideologies of life now has a son that is 15 and is crazy as me 15 years later.  This young man has a passion for fishing and life that most would be jealous of.  I have yet to convert him to a fly, but the cat can out fish many with a spinning rod.  In my mind I think he is a "Wiles" boy through and through.  Lucky for me, he is better then I at technology and his mom (who was my Biology teacher) was cool enough to get him a gopro for Christmas and gave it to him early for waxing a geometry exam. 

Enjoy fellas---give this fella three years and you might see him on the Drake tour. 

As for fishing;  I had a shot at a fish of lifetime and sucked.  40" snook eating in 18"s of clear water 50' cast and I couldn't put it within 20' of him. I have been throwing an 8wt now for 5 months, tested my skills on the water and on land and can hit 60' out within 6"s but when it really counted I couldn't get close.  In fact, I lined the fish after three shots.  I almost yaked because of nervous energy pushing through my vains.  I did manage a small snook and a jack. 

Merry Christmas to all---enjoy the clip,
Pal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Sxx3-7NiU
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
Re: Bayou Fishing
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:04:44 PM »
Awesome !!!! I wish I had good before pics of that boat when mike and I went to pick it up :) enjoy it brother ... As I know you will :)
I just don't care!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 09:00:08 AM »
Nice work Pal!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TimM

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:47:04 AM »
Congrats on the boat! I hope you get it nice and slimy on a regular basis.  :)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »
Cool skiff Craig!
Can't wait to fish those flats with you down there sometime.  Jay and I are trying to line up an East coast west coast FLA tarpon/snook chase late June if all works out.  Now go find those  big'uns.

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 02:08:51 PM »
so Pal.  You can make youtube vids and you can't post photos to the site????  What's up with that??   :-* :-* :-*

If, no when I come to FLA and find you wearing a flat billed ball cap it's ON!  :o

Merry Christmas

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »
ugh, so you run it like you stole it, the same as the other's ;D

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:10:11 PM »
ugh, so you run it like you stole it, the same as the other's ;D

And to think you blamed Glenn for all the dings and dents on Izzy... ;)

Congrats on the skiff! I'm sure it will get fully christened soon enough. I might even have an ok salt report myself soon...

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 06:33:56 PM »
Cool video clip. I just got a Gopro for my birthday, I'm looking forward to learning how to use it. That jack looked like a blast! I NEED A SALT FIX!!!!
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 09:18:21 AM »
Cool video clip. I just got a Gopro for my birthday, I'm looking forward to learning how to use it. That jack looked like a blast! I NEED A SALT FIX!!!!

Pal has friends with mad computer skillz!!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum