Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Bank Warrior  (Read 1438 times)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Bank Warrior
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:05:42 PM »
Jay has been hot on the heels of some great winter fish.  He's put in the time, and he's calling up some incredible bass out of clear cold water on the mountain lakes, and learning some new strategies from the bank.  Walleye started showing up, and he got that crazy look in his eye.  I got a call last night, as he headed to my house at 11:00 PM to help him photograph his new personal best beast of a walleye he caught prowling the bank after sunset.

Here's one of his typical bass photos he's sent me this winter:

Here's the beast he caught last night.  27"x 18"    A heafty 11.5 lbs.

Best part is, he never even got his boots wet catching them.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Bank Warrior
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 07:30:41 AM »
Good looking fish, Wally going in stomach or the wall?

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 08:38:44 AM »
Solid fish! Hey, has Jay figured out those big, yeller spotted forked-tail beasts up there? They ought to be shallow this time of year, too, yes?

I need one for a photo, and catching one is way more fun than getting one from the hatchery guys at DH.

Steve Howard

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:53:24 AM »
Very nice work.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 10:25:22 PM »
Sorry I missed ya, Grumpy and Dave.

That fine walleye will make some incredible fillets--blackened and fried, and at the end of the season, we save the Cheeks, and sauté them in white wine/butter  and herbs and taste amazingly similar to scallops.

Dave, Jay says a few of the bank goers occaisionally finds a Lake trout cruising the shallows...just not very often, but still possible.  It's like a northern ecosystem out there with the northern fish.  We're doing some recon, where an occasional rare monster  Esox shows up amongst the walleyes to eat and breed as well.